Light
Snow falls deep into the night
Surprised after a week of ice
I grin
Let the silence of a white
New day
Dazzle my heart, I light a candle
Sit in the dark...alone
Kids wake, I grind wheat
Toss in frozen berries
Knead & roll & bake buttery scones
Powdered sugar on top
Candle flickering on the table
Amazing how the stillness,
The crunching into snow,
The crafting of Olf & a snow ramp
Makes light
Trickle into my heart
Softly
I gather fresh eggs
In a sled
Pulling their way to the kitchen
Where I whip up burritos
Singing
Through the messes
Inhaling the fullness of it all
Wet gloves, dog that ate the liner
Boot straps that won't stick
Hungry bellies
Dirty pans neverending
Den scattered with books
Attitudes that need shaping
Emails to be sent, words to be written
I plunge
Into the pool
That is my life
Becoming
All flame
No comments:
Post a Comment